Staff/ Senior Design Automation Engineer (ASIC Design)
- Responsible for the next generation FPGA/SOC ASIC Implementation flow/methodology development.
- Defining, implementing and improving the state of the art design solutions (EDA tool, flow and methodology) by sourcing externally or developing the solutions internally.
- Providing consultation and EDA tools support to the multiple projects in the area of RTL Verification, Place & Route and Design Synthesis.
- Develop in-house algorithms, scripts, programs to support design activities, EDA tools technology infrastructure setup, CAD wrappers, GUIs, EDA tools customization and automation program
Inside this Business Group
- BSEE/MSEE or equivalent in with minimum of 10 years of experience in IC Design or Design Automation.
- 5-10 years of Physical Design experience with process nodes 40nm, 28nm, 20nm or below in ASIC/SoC design flows.
- Thorough knowledge in physical design flow from RTL to GDS2 and the challenges posed by advanced technologies. This includes detailed understanding of design synthesis, design partitioning, floor planning, place &route, clock tree synthesis and timing analysis. Low Power implementation knowledge is a plus
- Full familiarity with Synopsys, Cadence or Mentor Graphics physical design tools
- Programming knowledge in Perl, Python, Tcl/Tk, C++, C-shell and other software languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good verbal/written communication skills are required.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.