Application Software Lab at Intel Munich is a center of innovation in software for Client and Mobile computing, with a special focus on IoT "Internet of Things".
In this role you will contribute to the success of the projects running in the lab. You will be designing and implementing tests and demos involving the latest and upcoming hardware and software stacks. You will be participating in the analysis, configuration, and tuning of these components for maximum performance. You will take responsibilities in systems administration Linux, Windows, Android, and others.
You will also handle some logistics tasks: keeping lab inventory, maintaining lab equipment, ship/receive equipment from/to the lab, etc.
With sufficient skills, experience, and aspiration you will be able to participate in new software development projects.
For a candidate studying towards a degree in computer science, information technology, or electronics engineering this position offers a great opportunity to work with world's leading experts, software vendors, and Information technology IT organizations, and to advance the applicant's leading-edge technical qualifications as well as develop project management and customer relationship skills, in a multi-cultural environment.
A successful candidate will bring:
* Familiarity with embedded hardware platforms like Intel Edison, Joule, Curie or Galileo or comparable platforms
* Linux skills
* Installation and customizing OS to hardware needs
* Knowledge about software, drivers and firmware handling
* Shell scripting
* Good knowledge of at least one common programming language
* Good verbal and written English
A strong plus will be:
* Experience with computer networks, network protocols, and wireless communication
* Knowledge in computer architectures, OS fundamentals, and software optimization techniques
* Experience with HW Virtualization or Containers e.g. Docker
* Working experience with software revision systems like git or subversion
* Familiarity with MEAN, LAMP stack or similar frameworks
* Experience working with Yocto Linux
* Familiarity with communication stacks for IoT platforms
* German or French language
This role requires good verbal and written communication skills in English. The position involves working in an IT lab environment the ability to move equipment around is necessary. A candidate who's highly motivated to learn, shows initiative, takes responsibility, and enjoys working in an international environment will best fit the team.Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.