- Contributing to our ongoing mission to create a world-class privacy and security legal organization for Intel Supporting Intel's EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR compliance program
- Counseling clients on all aspects of domestic and international laws concerning privacy, data security, and cybersecurity
- Assisting business teams on incorporating privacy by design into products/services and adopting innovative privacy solutions from inception to end-of-life
- Advising business teams on various types of privacy plans privacy impact assessments, compliance, data security and data breach management
- Providing privacy and security due diligence and integration for acquired companies
- Researching and tracking global privacy and security legislation, evolving regulations, and enforcement and translating that into practical advice
- Providing some legal support on a global scale for certain product areas
- Training employees and other attorneys on privacy and security legal compliance
- Working with the Global Public Policy team, other EMEA
- Legal team members, external counsel, the Intel Privacy Office, and other colleagues as necessary, regarding new laws, regulations, and guidelines that may affect Intel's business
Inside this Business Group
- A minimum of five years of legal experience as a privacy lawyer and a passion for the subject some of which must be on an international scale - Qualified to practice law in an EU Member State - Strong communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills - Strong substantive knowledge of global privacy and data security laws, and global cybersecurity laws - Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions - Ability to operationalize legal requirements and provide commercial advice - Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients. - Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues - Ability to influence at senior levels and represent the Privacy Legal team at management level forums - Strong team management and team-working skills approaches work with flexibility and a positive attitude and constructively manages change - Excellent project management skills - A sense of humor - Experience in the computer industry and/or in-house legal work would be an added advantage - IAPP certification is desirable but not required - Some limited travel may be required as part of the role.
Law and Policy Group offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; legislative and regulatory lobbying; and corporate compliance.
Germany, Munich;Ireland, Leixlip