Are you a possibility thinker? Do you not only see the future of data center but want to roll up your sleeves to make it happen?
Then you might have a home in our team of doers, Jacks and Jane's of all trades, which is expanding the datacenter solutions space. We are a team of highly motivated, experienced and agile thinkers, who are looking for the right unicorn to join us as the Rack Scale Design Systems Engineer.
We need critical engineering support for our organization to help drive the execution of an upcoming product. In this role, you will interface with Senior Leaders, Product Managers, Architects and Engineering Managers across Intel to deliver strategic value for Intel through differentiated hardware and software.
We are housed within Data Center Solutions Group that is tasked with reinventing the data center of the future. You will need have a good understanding of building full systems utilizing server and platform technologies, hardware, firmware, software as well as system integration, validation and enabling functions.
Your key deliverable will be enabling and building solutions and communicating risks, mitigation strategies and status to senior executives. As you report to the Director of RSD Systems Engineering as an individual contributor, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- System definition and design, performance analysis, trouble shooting, and verification
- Develop algorithms, design and performance simulation.
- Reference board bring up, performance evaluation and system debugging.
- Generate and own documentation detailing system and HW specifications and requirements.
- Support, contribute to and enable the execution of the roadmap.
- Provide engineering delivery status to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Collaborate with product management, planning and architecture teams on roadmap inputs and delivery.
- Articulate system-wide view of complete solutions, identify risks and potential mitigation strategies with pros and cons.
- Oversee and execute to the solution hardware development, software integration, firmware and validation and enabling.
- Provide Engineering-related guidance for product planning, market requirements and business strategy as needed.
- Articulate the engineering needs for technology and product delivery to a wide variety of audiences: internal and external senior executive and technical talent, field organizations, senior business executives in customer and partner companies.
- Be sensitive to customer and partner issues, conduct deep dives to understand issues and opportunities and realign priorities as needed.
- Be sensitive to timing and cost requirements provided by the business and competitive strategy teams.
Inside this Business Group
Desired background and skill set: - Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 5+ years overall experience. - 5+ years of experience being in teams in software, design, system architecture, technical solution building, platform solutions or ingredient stacks - 5+ years of experience in C/C++ Embedded Programming. - 3+ years of experience in System Integration Bring-Up. - Comfortable with working in highly matrixed organizations. - Good Mathematical and Analytical Skills. - High level project / program management experience. - Ability to dive deep to understand issues and pop up to summarize key points to management. - Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly. - High energy, entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude. - Good command of presentation preparation tools Power Point, etc. and information management tools Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.