Intel Programmable Solution Group formerly Altera is looking for motivated talents to work with customers on their designs using Intel’s leading edge products. In this senior Applications Engineer role, you will be responsible for supporting customers and enabling the successful completion of customer projects by providing technical expertise, guidance, design optimizations and issue resolution.
Applications Engineers are engaged during all phases of the product development cycle including feature definition, project setup, project execution, and primarily technical support. Providing technical training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to developers in specialty areas of the FPGA product design cycle. They provide training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to customers using Intel Quartus SW Tools. In addition, they create example designs and work with Intel engineering resources to validate and debug current IP products.
Your responsibilities will include but not limit to the following:
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on FPGA and/or ASIC design experience, excellent understanding of FPGA design and optimization flow
- Experience in Verilog or VHDL coding, hardware/board design and debug, familiar with FPGA design tools and flow
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and passion
- Good written and oral communication skills self-motivated and team player
- Involves extended travel and customer on-site support
- Experience in system project and design a plus
- Proficient in spoken and written English
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities like becoming a trainer for a chosen technical or non-technical course
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Charge internal batteries during energetic team events wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.
Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, sport card and more.
What we offer:
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks :).
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively seeking candidates for a FPGA Design Applications Engineer position which frequently becomes available at Intel Gdansk. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you are interested and should it become available, we would encourage you to apply and a member of our recruitment team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.