Dependability Research Architect f/m
Intel Labs are an interdisciplinary global research organization that focuses on systems that will drive future business in new and fast growing markets. This position is part of a research team in Munich, Germany at the heart of the automotive industry and will take ownership to develop a new area of research for the next generation of Automated Driving.
- We are looking for a candidate with a technical background in dependable networks, real-time control systems, fault-tolerant distributed algorithms, or dependable computer systems.
The key responsibilities are:
- Research novel architectures for dependable systems and development of a reasoning system to establish the completeness of dependability claims eg. models.
- Evaluate of innovative solutions and propose platform architectures that include CPU, Accelerators and wireless modem components. Patent new concepts. Analyze our product portfolio with the eyes of the user/customer.
- Demonstrate technical excellence to negotiate system solutions with project partners including our competition, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Establish strong influence across Intel Labs, Business Units and external partners - corporations, universities and automotive customers
- Represent Intel at standardization bodies and international conferences* Network with future decision makers at our partners
- Document results with clarity and publish reports of achievements
- Publish technical reports, papers and/or pursue Intellectual Property rights
Inside this Business Group
- PhD in computer science, electrical engineering or related engineering discipline
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, systems engineering, formal methods for Rigorous Engineering
- Extensive Experience with dependable systems and how to prove completeness of dependability claims.
- Strong network with relevant experts in the Dependability domain, eg. IFIP, TU Vienna, LAAS-CNRS, CMU or others.
- Strong knowledge of programming techniques and software concepts, especially for parallel architectures.
- Experience in failure mode analysis, safety analysis methods, failure semantics with a background in semiconductors.
- Extensive experience of leadership in global multi-disciplinary teams
- Insight into technologies and control algorithms relevant in the field of ADAS and Automated Driving is a plus
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.