- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or any other relevant engineering degree with five or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong engineering background with experience in Hardware platform bring-up or power on.
- Previous HW engineering experience at automotive Tier-1 supplier is desirable.
- Excellent overall understanding of Intel Architecture with one or more of the following: microprocessor architecture, chipset architectures, system architecture, platform hardware design, platform software design, firmware design.
- Ability to lead a hardware power-on effort on-site with a customer, including the understanding of power-on flows, debugging, and working through platform issues.
- Experience using Schematic and Layout tools, and/or demonstrated ability to read schematic and layout files.
- Demonstrated experience specifying and developing HW platforms comprehending system and software elements.
- Ability to work independently, multitask effectively, and be successful in a multi-functional team environment.
- Ability to create customer ready collateral, white papers, and training materials.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
As a Platform Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for enabling and supporting Intel CPUs and associated components in embedded In-Vehicle-Infotainment IVI and Instrument Clusters IC. In this role you will provide hardware technical support to Marketing teams, supporting external customers with schematic reviews, HW bring-up / power-on and debug, working on Proof of Concepts and creating customer collaterals. This is an opportunity to apply both technical knowledge and customer enabling skills in a team oriented environment. Our team operates in a fluid environment that will enable you to engage in a diverse set of responsibilities in support of a family of Intel CPUs targeted for automotive.
Your responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Directly engaging customers to provide pre and post sales technical support to ensure customer Time to Market TTM production ramp.
- Developing collateral and supporting design wins associated with Intel solutions, along with actively participating in generating requirements for future Compute Modules.
- Support and influence customer during all phase of development cycle incl. feature definition, project setup, project execution, tech support for go-to-market.
- Replicating and debugging customer reported issues by identifying hardware issues and proposing changes to customer configuration or to Intel/OEM drivers.
- Providing technical training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to the customer in areas of hardware architecture, technologies, feature development etc.
- Collaborating with platform and chipset software/hardware architects to develop and finalize the platform requirements.
- Acting as a liaison between customer's requirements and chipset, platform and/or hardware architecture teams to ensure `best-in-class' product definitions.
- Active participant in virtual technical teams to solve complex problems.
- Mentoring and guiding junior developers, setting expectations and goals.
- Developing and delivering training material for technical field training events.
This position will involve spending some time on-site at our customers' engineering locations.
Inside this Business Group
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.
Germany, Munich; ,