Job Description: In this position, you will be responsible for defining and implementing product documentation strategy for Intel software products. You will develop documentation user guides, technical reference manuals, getting started guides, etc. to help software developers quickly start using Intel products, such as the Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library and other performance libraries. As a technical writer, you will be an integral part of a software product development and release team, and will work closely with software engineers and other project stakeholders to develop software product content strategy for offline and online web use. You will work with Subject Matter Experts SMEs to define gaps in existing content, and develop and implement a plan to execute. You will attend planning and/or coordination meetings to assess customer requirements and define appropriate content solutions. You will be required to generate product documentation from scratch by understanding product workflows, interfacing with SMEs, or from engineering specifications, and determine appropriate format, structure, syntax, and style, as well as adhere to legal guidelines. You will be using latest authoring tools and technologies, such as Adobe RoboHelp, MadCap Flare, DITA, and Content management systems to create, manage, and publish your content.In addition to excellent planning, coordination, and communication skills, this position requires an ability to work with remote teams in different time zones Ex: Pacific, Central, Eastern time in United States and with SMEs and peers who speak English as their first language.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in English, Technical Writing, Technical Communications, or a related field, or engineering degrees with excellent English skills.
- Background in mathematics could be an advantage.3-4 years designing, writing, and publishing technical documentation for software products.
- 2-3 years experience using standard authoring tools and/or technologies, such as Adobe* RoboHelp*, MadCap Flare*, or HTML/CSS is an advantage.
- Being familiar with DITA OT and Content Management Systems is a plus.2-3 years experience with web-based publishing is a plus.
- 1-2 years experience on Linux Mac, in addition to Windows is desirable.Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.