Intel designs the most advanced RF cellular CMOS transceivers for 2G/3G/4G to 5G mobile modem solutions. RX RF/Analog circuit design engineers are playing a significant role in designing and developing the next generation cellular transceivers of highly integrated RF circuits using Cadence tools in deep sub-micron 28nm CMOS processes. Main focus is on developing the receiver architectures in strong cooperation with system engineering, layout, firmware as well as component and system validation engineering. Possible work locations are either in Linz, Austria or Munich, Germany.
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry, employment group H (https://www.feei.at/kv-2017-0). A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills. Prior to entering an employment agreement, the employee will be asked to provide all documents and references to verify any service times of prior employment. Based on provided documents the appropriate number of service years will be credited as prior employment.
- M.Sc in electrical engineering, PhD preferred
- In-depth understanding of RFIC circuit design, IC design tools and simulators, and IC layout design, techniques, and verification methodologies
- Expertise in RF/Analog circuit design in sub-28nm CMOS
- Experience with front-end RF and Analog circuit blocks such as LNAs and Mixers, base-band filter techniques, Frequency Synthesizers/Phase Lock LoopsPLLs, LO distribution, etc.
- Knowledge in LTE FDD/TDD, WCDMA, UMTS and GSM/GPRS/EDGE mobile communication standards
- Must be a passionate self-starter and team player
- At least 3 years of experience in RF and HW development for wireless systems.
- Experience in architecture or design of RFIC Hands-on experience with HW platforms, including characterization, debugging and field modifications
- Strong communication skills English, verbal and writtenInside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.