The Platform Application Engineering (PAE) group within the Data Center Group is looking for Technical Marketing Engineer to focus on the pre-boot area of functionality of Intel wired Ethernet products engaging with internal development teams and external customers.
The successful applicant will provide product level support for a large variety of customers ranging from embedded to Tier 1. Common duties would include ownership and resolution of technical issues, participation in new product development, reviewing customer designs and provide design-in guidance, representing the customers’ technical needs inside Intel. Collaborating with other Network Division Engineering disciplines and in general contributing toward making the wired Ethernet customer successful. He/she may also develop technical collateral including application notes to provide clarity for implementation or specific usage, and develop/present technical product training materials. Individuals act as technical experts, consultants, analysts, and program managers, respond to customer requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment. Some travel may be required (10%) - domestic and international as appropriate based on customer and training needs.
Successful candidate will have:
- General knowledge of network deployment of the OSes, including Windows (WDS) and Linux (tftp, nfs, pxelinux, grub)
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience with direct customer interaction in technical support role
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer management skills are critical to success in this role
- Excellent software debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with customers of all skill levels (novice thru expert)
- Comfortable working in Linux and Windows development environments
Nice to have skills:
- Pre-boot knowledge utilizing wired Ethernet product – preferably Intel Ethernet products, including PXE, iSCSI boot and UEFI UNDI driver
- General knowledge regarding PC platform boot process, including both legacy and UEFI BIOS systems
- Experience with defect tracking applications
- C/C++ programming skills
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking stack, especially physical and link layer protocols
- Good written and verbal Polish communication skills
- Minimum B.S. in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science
What we offer:
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for this position which is frequently available at Intel Technology Poland. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.