Senior Cellular RF System Engineer f/m
In this position you are responsible for RF Systems Engineering within our System Development team. As a Systems Engineer f/m you are in charge of defining hard- and firmware for leading-edge cellular transceiver architectures for GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G, etc. applications.
Your focus will be the definition and specification of architectures and features, including digital signal processing blocks, analog circuits, algorithms, firmware and calibration concepts in the transmit path as part of a highly committed, international team.
For best in class implementation you will work closely with analog designers, digital designers, firmware developers, and system verification teams. You will be involved in customer communication and discussion. You are experienced in technically leading other colleagues, a strong team player, a proactive driver, and you like to work in a demanding and dynamic market environment. Preferably you are already familiar with complex, multi-mode RF transceivers for mobile communication.
- Development of advanced digital RF features for wireless products based on industry standards such as GSM/UMTS/LTE and 5G,
- Understand and drive optimized architectures for upcoming communication standards,
- Generation of Level plans as part of specification,
- Analyze and understand RF and analog effects and define digital compensations for them,
- Bit-true simulation of the digital and analog signal processing chain,
- Optimize for power, cost, and time-to-market,
- Definition, planning, and executing of system validation efforts.
- University / University of applied sciences: Master degree in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology required / PhD
- Proven experience in algorithm development for Radio architectures
- Proven experience with transceiver- and/or RF system design
- Work experience of at least 5 years
- Knowledge of MATLAB, C, C++
- Understanding of wireless standards like 2G, 3G, LTE and 5G
- Experience in mentoring, motivating, and leading other colleagues
- Collaboration and friendly attitude
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment—where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, and many more.
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
Inside this Business Group
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.