As Engineering Director of the Programmable Platform Engineering (PPE) group in Malaysia, you will lead the team responsible for Silicon and Platform Validation, package development, and development of state-of-the -art FPGA platforms. The PPE group is part of the larger Programmable Solutions Engineering organization within PSG. The successful candidate will work closely with his US counterpart to plan, resource and direct activities in the Engineering function to meet schedules, standards and cost.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Developing a site strategy and vision for PPE Validation; Silicon Package Solutions, and delivering state-of-the-art reference design platforms incorporating FPGAs for multiple technology nodes.
- Managing all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes in alignment with PPE Engineering direction and commitments.
- Developing the organization for sustained growth, and developing people for technical leadership and strong managers within the site.
- Directing process improvement to enhance efficiency, in line with PPE Engineering goals for productivity & cost.
- Actively engaging with the leadership team to solve on-going product execution and organization challenges. Proactively managing stakeholders in the product/IP development process with clear decision making and crisp communication to ensure the organization meets committed budget and plans.
- Degree with 15+ years' relevant experience
- Experience in all aspects of reference platform engineering including hardware design requirements and specification management, RTL design, modern verification methodologies, DFT, SoC implementation place and route implementation, emulation, and post silicon validation
- Demonstrated strengths in stakeholder management, communication skills.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in managing a large 50+ person organization with evidence of ability to manage a larger team in the future if needed.
- Ability to manage a variety of complex functions and teams supporting a diverse FPGA product portfolio that span a wide range of markets from communications, embedded technology, industrial uses to data center servers, automotive and military applications.
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.