Product Engineer (f/m)
You are a data-driven person with no-excuse mind set and excellent communication and presentation skills? You like to root-cause complex topics across various technical domains and present your findings to demanding customers? You like to find ways of handling data efficiently by scripting and automation?
Join our product engineering team and work on cutting-edge products for the Wireless Modem and IoT market. In your daily work you will be interacting with experts from chip design and validation, test engineering, quality & reliability, wafer fab engineers, packaging design and process engineers and accompany your product from early concept phase to end-of-life.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
During the early product phase:-
- Provide yield roadmaps, drive the product characterization, analyse and assess qualification fails, validate skew experiments regarding product-to-process matching.
- Drive innovation, development and implementation of new methods/tools to improve yield, enhance quality and reduce costs.
- Manufacturing enabling with respect to product maturity, high yield and fast ramp-up.
During the ramp-up & production phase:
- Assume responsibility for the product and stay in this role until end-of-life/ramp-down this includes handling/supporting bug-fix redesigns and production transfers e.g. second source.
- Identify and drive measures for yield improvement and test optimization.
- Management of failure analysis of customer returns and production fab/packaging... excursions, including root-cause finding and implementation of corrective actions.
- Presenting conclusive root cause analysis, risk assessments, and disposition proposals for lots affected from e.g. tool excursions to our customers.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor/Master/PhD degree in electrical or electronics engineering or similar qualification
- 3 years relevant experience in semiconductor development / production, e.g. in the area of production test development, chip design/validation, Si process development, quality and reliability, application engineering
- Scripting/basic software development experience e.g., VBA/SQL/Python/Jenkins
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English with the ability to work within an international team environment.
- Data-driven mind set with solid knowledge in data analysis and assessment.
- Knowledge of silicon technology, product development and production maintenance process.
- Knowledge of working with any industry standard test equipment like Advantest 93K will be a plus.
- Know-how in the various fields of semiconductor development design, test, analysis, verification, layout and production technology, wafer processing, assembly, production test, quality and reliability, yield, logistics will be an advantage.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.