IMPORTANT: Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for a System Engineer Wireless Signal Processing position which is frequently available at Intel. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us – and help us create the next generation of wireless technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Intel invites you to collaborate with global teams to develop and specify the concepts of cellular wireless modem signal processing algorithms and architectures for newest technologies LTE and 5G.
We are looking for a wireless signal processing system engineer strengthening the modem algorithm & performance team. Our solutions are used in world-class tablets, smartphones, feature-phones, and wireless modules. This job opening encompasses a wide range of activities:
- Exploration of novel signal processing algorithms for wireless modems
- Contributing to Intel's wireless IP port-folio
- Assessing and improving receiver performance via link-level simulations
- Proposing HW/SW splits for product implementation
- Providing specifications of signal processing algorithms and architectures
- Providing fixed point reference models for target implementation in HW or FW/SW
- Closely collaborating with HW and FW implementation teams
- Working along & incorporating up-to-date software-engineering standards
- University degree in Electrical engineering / Information Technology / Computer Science
- Master’s degree required; PhD and/or 2+ years of equivalent working experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of physical layer algorithms for wireless communication systems
- Experience in software development/engineering with C/C++, Matlab, GIT, Unix, scripting
- Self-driven and entrepreneurial way of working
- Excellent communication skills in EnglishInside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.