Corporate Services CS provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
The Facility Electrical Engineer with be responsible for Data Center Electrical Engineering Operations within our Santa Clara facilities including daily tactical operations, risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of equipment, vendor management and metric reporting.
Additionally this role will role will Provide projects and sustaining electrical engineering support at the Santa Clara campus. Act as Intel's System Owner of the site's electrical distribution system.
Responsibilities may include:
· Develop and improve operations and maintenance performance indicators, report out to operations management including mitigation action plans
· Develop, document and lead an operations and maintenance change management process
· Partner, communicate and get buy in from customers when designing and implementing any electrical project
· Drive and implement data center system capacity, reliability and efficiency projects
· Establish documentation relevant to business & facility operations.
· Develop, sustain and communicate an emergency response plan based on system redundancy and capacity
· Assist in the design, implementation, commissioning and build out of new facilities.
· Perform facilities system audits to assure quality of operations and maintenance
· Develop training and certification documents for data center electrical engineering discipline
· Delivery of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
Sustaining engineering responsibilities:
Troubleshooting electrical system problems, coordinating shutdowns, conducting breaker coordination and arc flash studies.
Statistical validation of system performance
Provide electrical load and capacity data
Deliver operational efficiency, maintenance, testing and commissioning solutions.
Justify capital budgets for system upgrades and energy conservation measures
Provide technical leadership to IFM and contractors.
Serve as a member of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) responding to power outages/disturbances and lead the recovery effort
Some travel and occasional weekend engineering support will also be required.
Projects engineering responsibilities:
Review and approve electrical design specifications, submittals, studies and drawings, for power installations in data centers, test floors, labs and general office areas,
Review/provide cost estimates, budgets and ROI analysis,
Maintain the facilities document control system by ensuring electrical as-built drawings are incorporated into the master CAD drawings, ensure electrical system single line diagrams are up to date and all construction specifications, as-builts, O&M manuals and submittals are received after project close out.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university with emphasis on power/utilities system
- 7-10 years of relevant data center and/or facilities electrical engineering experience
- 7-10 years of experience in facilities low and medium voltage electrical distribution systems including transformers, MCC's, generators, ATS', UPS'
- 7-10 years of experience in load flow analysis, voltage drop and short circuit calculations, overcurrent device coordination and electrical utility forecasting for data center facilities and office buildings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and specifications
- Ability to Lead and work in a project team environment
- Knowledge of computer software such as AutoCAD, SKM, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Projects
- Excellent problem solving skills and able to demonstrate application of structured problem solving methods and tools
. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
Inside this Business Group
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering/Power or controls degree
- PE Registration or EIT certification
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a larger team
- Ability to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees engineering peers to operational technicians to management
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth