Join the 5G mobile revolution at Intel as part of the Next Generation and Standards group in iCDG. We are looking for wireless integration and test engineers to join 5G mobile wireless technology development at Intel. Responsible for software and systems level integration and testing of modem and platform hardware & software stack components. Work with functional team members including RF, HW & Software to formulate and execute test plans at various stages of 5G prototyping projects. Utilize knowledge of 5G prototype design during hardware bring up and integration of RF, modem and platform subsystems including hardware, firmware, and protocol stack. Working in embedded SW environment with VxWorks, external interfaces, high performance IA processors.
Contribute and work in highly qualified and highly motivated teams working across multiple sites. Ability to work in a structured, solution oriented and open minded working mode. Very good communication skills in English. Solid understanding and experience with embedded software verification methodologies. Ability to understand complex technical systems and solve complex technical problems
Ability to debug issues and identify the problem and the subsystems associated with it. Ability to communicate these issues by providing in-depth analysis and presentable data using excel or matlab or any other commonly used methodologies.
Willing to work in the field and lab environments. Travel to other locations as and when required. Basic networking knowledge.
BS, MS or PhD in CS, CE, EE or related discipline in networking and/or wireless communications engineering.
- 10+ years of strong network/wireless communications experience in testing/validation of wireless modems and systems
- 8+ years of experience with 3GPP wireless standards including LTE, LTE-A and understanding of air-interface, Physical layer (PHY) and/or MAC protocols
- 8+ years of experience with modem debug and trace tools
- 8+ years of experience with setup and use of test instrumentation including high frequency signal generators, oscilloscopes and signal analyzers
- LTE Software & feature verification experience
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong HW & FW debugging skills
- Experience with VxWorks
- Experience working with FPGA based platforms
- Experience with software development and configuration management tools. Eg Git
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal communication
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Perl, Python or other scripting languages
- LTE Field Test experience
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.