Define and document PHY modem requirements and use cases including breakdown into HW and FW components and sub-components for Intel's cellular modem products.
Define and optimize the architecture of the PHY modem system, including HW/FW split.
Provide architecture and interface specifications.
Develop concepts to improve performance power and silicon area of our products in close cooperation with customers.
Develop test strategies in cooperation with the component and system verification team.
Provide support to the HW and FW development teams in an international environment.
Drive and conduct reviews with the development team.
Develop and present technical product documentation to customers and for training.
Closely follow the 3GPP standardization process
· Master degree in Communication Systems, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, PhD is a plus
· At least 7 years proven experience with cellular modem standards GSM, UMTS, LTE and 5G
· Excellent communication skills in English
· Experience in writing specifications on system and component level
· Experience in requirements engineering and requirements break down
· Experience in software development/engineering with C/C++, Matlab, GIT, Unix, scripting
· Team-playerInside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.