Drive an Industry Forward At Intel, developing and innovating computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of people around the world is our passion, and we believe each and every part of our company has a hand in changing the world. Intel's Open Source Technology Center OTC has an exciting and unique opportunity to further accelerate innovations in the ever evolving web technology space by delivering new features and experiences on Intel platforms that meet a wide range of customer requirements. As a team, we are dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through innovative solutions that are emerging as a result of the expanding web.
What we expect: As a software engineering intern working in the web technology team, you will be responsible for developing software that runs on of different open-source platforms and solutions. You will be involved in contributing to several open source projects and working with different software components and layers. A key component of a software engineering intern will involve partnering with other engineers to take ideas from concepts to fruition and refining requirements for the implementations and designs.
What We Offer: At Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There's no fear of failure-we know that's how innovation happens. And you'll never be bored. We offer opportunities for learning, professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
- The candidate must be pursuing an BS in Computer Science or any related field.
- Experience with C/C++ programming languages.
- Good communication skills oral & written and demonstrated ability to communicate at various levels of abstraction concept to details.
- Result oriented and a self-starter with the ability to work well both independently and in a diverse team environment.
- Prior knowledge of open source projects such as Chromium, Blink, WebKit or Node.js.
- Good understanding of computer and Linux software architectures including graphics, software pipelines and hardware device interactions.
- Understanding of the software development process as whole and prior experience of software development in open source communities.
- Good knowledge and prior use of git version control tools.
- Prior contributions to open source projects.Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.