The Functional Safety System engineer is responsible for the definition of the safety concept of components / IPs used in Functional Safety critical applications, in automotive and industrial fields. He/She will lead the Functional Safety team in the execution of the safety analysis with respect to HW random failures according to the Functional Safety lifecycle.
In particular, he/she is responsible for:
- Performing safety concept exploration and scope evaluation- Definition, planning, execution and review of the safety analysis Failure Mode Effect and Diagnostic Analysis, Fault Three Analysis, etc. of a platforms, components or IPs
-Definition of the HW and SW safety requirements and in particular identification of the architectures and techniques to avoid, mitigate and control failures safety mechanisms as best trade off among safety integrity and impact on performance and cost
- Definition, planning and review of the verification activities related to safety metrics including safety verification plan, pre-silicon and post silicon
- Definition and maintenance of the Safety Manual.
Moreover the Functional Safety System engineer contributes to the definition of the methodology, templates and best practices necessary to ensure and to prove the Functional Safety integrity at integrating circuit level.
Inside this Business Group
- Master degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- More than 10 years of experience or equivalent in SoC and system architecture definition and Functional Safety architectures e.g. E-GAS, Loosely Coupled Lock Step, etc in Automotive and/or industrial fields.
- Knowledge of SoC design, verification/validation-Deep knowledge of Intel Architectures, related SW and FW.- Basic skills on reliability applied to ICs.
- Knowledge of Functional Safety and related standards, in particular IEC 61508 and ISO 26262.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers outstanding technical, planning and organization/control skills and leadership attitude.
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.