Device/ Process Engineer
- Work with Fab process technology team to develop and enhance technology model capability/methodology to better predict device characteristics and circuit design margin
- Develop and implement methodologies for verification of accuracy of Spice models, process robustness and continuous quality improvement
- To interface and enable automated design environment setup for product design and validation
- Post silicon validation by designing, layout, taping out test structure and characterization, to verify process capability, model accuracy and fine tuning
- Lead projects and cross-functional teams for yield improvement or methodology improvement, resolving issues with innovative and efficient engineering solutions where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Monitor product/test data for emerging shifts and/or excursions inclusive of production monitoring, yield enhancement, root cause finding and driving to introduce best known methods
Job Description Summary
• Bachelor’s degree in Microelectronics, Electronics Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or a related field
• Knowledge and technical understanding of semiconductor device physics, silicon processing, VLSI circuits, and good understanding on silicon device and cell operation principle, i.e. memory device.
• Experience on simulation software for process and circuit performance
• Proficiency with statistical evaluation programs (JMP, or at least advanced use of Excel), scripting ability in various programing languages and software tools for device/circuit simulation, layout editing, parasitic extraction and design verification is a plus.
• Knowledge and exposure in the operation of basic semiconductor measurement equipment
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to use data and brief notations to communicate complicated or nuanced engineering truths, ability to work independently and drive for results