Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team developing high performance, energy efficient hardware and software systems as a Cloud Server Firmware Architect!
As a Cloud Server Firmware Architect working on this team, you will be helping define next generation platforms and creating new innovative technologies that continue to differentiate Intel Datacenter solutions that drive the digital economy. If you are passionate about being in the forefront of cloud and data-center technologies then this position is for you!
As a Software Architect you will be responsible for the creation of software and firmware systems architecture design and associated architectural standards. You will be responsible to cascade the architecture for implementation to the product development team and will also work to ensure compliance to standards.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Interact with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry as well as between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
- Understand all requirement sources as inputs for developing platform level software and/or firmware architecture.
- Identify path-finding opportunities and create proof-of-concepts with the goal to include them in future generations of product.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
You must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field plus 4 years of related work experience, or a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field plus 3 years of related work experience, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 4 plus years of experience in software / firmware development.
- 4 plus years of experience with server platform firmware & BIOS, BMC Firmware.
- 2 plus years of experience with platform manageability and telemetry interfaces & capabilities.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Possess a high understanding and relevant technical experience with both system and software architecture design.
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to influence stakeholders internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate in cross functional teams.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.