Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team developing high performance, energy efficient hardware and software systems as a Senior Linux Storage Software Engineer!
We are seeking a highly talented Senior Software Engineer with Linux systems programming background who can bring in software development, passion and creative thinking to deliver industry leading storage software optimized for Intel Rack Scale Design. You will be part of Innovation, Path-finding and Architecture Group IPAG software team responsible for developing ground breaking storage software that will shape the future of storage architecture. As a Senior Linux Storage Software Engineer you must be able to work under start-up mode with ability to think out of the box to deliver storage software, algorithms and techniques optimized for Intel silicon, network, memory, and storage technologies on Rack Scale Design. You will conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. You will also determine computer user needs and advise hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, design and develop compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Additional responsibilities include responding to customer/client requests or events as they occur and developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
The Data Center Group is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
You must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) plus 4 years of related work experience, or a Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) plus 3 years of related work experience, or PhD in Computer Science (or related field) plus related work experience.
- 4 plus years of experience in system software development.
- 4 plus years of experience developing highly optimized Linux system software.
- 4 plus years of demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ development, multi-threaded, POSIX thread programming.
- 3 plus years of experience and understanding of open source development methodology, tools, CI testing and practices.
- 3 plus years of working experience in agile development process.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong development background in C++ 11 STL Boost C++ libraries.
- Deep knowledge and development experience in Linux kernel internals, IO subsystem.
- Prior contributions to open source project.
- Strong server/network/storage background
- Experience in Storage Performance Development Kit (SPDK) or Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK).
- Experience in maintaining an open source project or experience as a package maintainer.
- Experience in Data Plane Development Kit DPDK, IB Verbs, RDMA network programming.
- Application profiling, tuning and optimization.
- Demonstrated risk taking, ability to think out of the box and influencing technical direction.
- Deep knowledge and experience in virtualization, container frameworks.
- Able to work directly with external companies, open source communities and across business units within Intel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.