Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) is focusing on development of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) and associated IP products for the Advance Driving (ADAS) market. As such these products need to comply with Functional Safety requirements. The IP Functional Safety Engineer will be responsible for executing the Functional Safety process to ensure that PSG IP meets the requirements.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Executing safety analysis (Failure Mode Effect and Diagnostic Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis) on PSG IP products. Specifically for Transceiver IP, which controls the transceiver in Intel FPGAs
- Identifying and characterizing mitigation measures for preventing or detecting faults potentially affecting integrated circuits
- Executing fault injection testing to verify the performance of such mitigation measures
- Preparing and maintaining of specific documents and data like functional specifications, safety analysis reports, and safety verification plans
- These duties will require excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration skills, and cross-functional leadership
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for a position and that may, or may not, be available for all location(s) at this time. If you're interested in this position, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you if/when relevant.
Additional (Preferred) Qualifications
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.