Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. Intel's Construction Organization is responsible for delivering construction projects on schedule, on budget and within scope around the world. We meet these requirements while ensuring the safety and well-being of those performing the work. We are an extremely diverse organization with a broad portfolio of services. Whether it be delivering a lease fit-up, constructing lab and data centers, or enabling a large factory ramp, our business is to deliver innovative solutions that meet our customers' needs. A successful Construction Project Manager must reflect high levels of creative problem solving, effective design and scoping, and drive cost effective solutions, ensuring projects are completed within time and budgetary constraints. This position will focus on planning & execution for Tool install construction to achieve world class costs, quality, safety, and schedule performance. The Construction Project Manager will be responsible for managing the scope, schedule and budget on their project. We are looking for someone who can communicate well with stakeholders and other professionals, work effectively in a team setting, work in a fast-paced environment, and readily adapt as changes are made. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for delivering construction projects globally using multiple project delivery and execution strategies at a competitive advantage. They contribute to preparation of design and construction documents, ensures market pricing, directs suppliers, and obtains funding for projects. This person also seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned projects, brings real world perspective, and drives improvements to processes. Management, negotiation and oversight governance of construction contracts will be required.
Other responsibilities include:
- Planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to building and facilities construction projects.
- Development of contracting strategy, project scope, schedules, resources, budgets, quality and change controls.- Assures accuracy of financial forecasts with tie-in to project schedules.
- Engaged in contract and legal negotiations, incident investigations, safety training, and project assessments.
- As project team lead, this person will have to build collaborative teams with contractors, suppliers, system owners and customer/stakeholders to define project execution plans
- Sharing installation methodologies & Best Known Methods with Intel construction PM counterparts across the world.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- The candidates must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
- 2+ years of construction experience.
- Professional registration and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- Understanding and execution of the Project Life Cycle and ability to manage multiple construction projects simultaneously using a range of project delivery and execution strategies.
- Demonstrated successful leadership and large project execution experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse groups of people and synergize highly functioning teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain healthy customer and supplier relationships.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to influence organization and people outside of a direct reporting structure.
- Experience with computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and AutoCAD.- Experience/history driving regular program reviews from working group through senior management.
- Lean and innovation experience strong business acumen with cost optimization focus.
- Specific knowledge of semi-conductor industry or other clean environment industries ex. pharmaceutical, solar is considered a plus.
Corporate Services provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world. What we offer you: We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results. We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation. We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work! We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today!
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth