Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience, and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for determination and deployment of robust, stable, and manageable computing and network services.
- Manage technical projects. Determine site computing and network server strategy.
- Research new technology/products/tools, and analyze the impact of new technologies on the environment.
- Document network typologies and develop solutions based on customer requirements.
- Monitor and perform capacity/feasibility studies and resolve network capacity issues.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex and advanced network problems.
- Plans and schedules work to meet deadlines established by others to ensure the completion of several related tasks.
- Uses judgment and data analysis to develop and design solutions for moderately complex processes issues
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving, data analytical and methodological thinking.
- Eager to take on challenges and complete tasks within given timelines.
- Ability to multitask, self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The suitable candidate must have a Bachelor degree of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- 6 months of operational experience supporting IT networks including:
- Cisco/Extreme routers and switches.
- Wireless technologies Cisco/Aruba.
- Experience with servers and operating systems with respect to networking.
- Experience with OSI Layers 1-3.
- Previous experience in Service Management ITIL practices and principles.
- Previous experience with support for a large network environment.
- Industry routing protocols and network management tools.
- Previous experience or knowledge of network security and firewall.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network protocols and concepts.
- Previous experience with soft skills, self-starter and able to work independently, proven ability to manage projects.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.