Intel Programmable Solutions Group is seeking talented, highly motivated candidates to join its Application Engineering team delivering technical support to its customers in Europe.
As an Account Application Engineer (m or f) in our European Regional Application Engineering team you will work alongside the existing team and will be responsible for delivering expert level technical support and consultancy on Intel PSG's products aligned with the specific needs of the accounts you will be supporting. The role will be a mixture of office-based and on-site activity.
You will be expected to understand your customers' FPGA design and implementation challenges and either resolve any Intel PSG product related issues yourself or co-ordinate the resolution of these issues with the assistance of the rest of the Regional Application Engineering team and other Intel PSG technical resources.
You will work in a rapid learning environment, alongside industry experts, who will support your daily development and knowledge growth. Training courses will further accelerate your learning, with potential opportunities to visit other Intel PSG locations world-wide. You will learn how to use all the resources at your disposal to make sure that our customers can realize their FPGA-based designs as efficiently as possible using our silicon, software and IP products. Your opinions and thoughts will be valued from day one.
You will be expected to collaborate with a wide range of teams within Intel to ensure that you meet your technical support objectives and will be expected to identify the most appropriate means to deliver that support to ensure that the customers you are working with can achieve their design goals.
- BSc or equivalent degree in Electronic Engineering or a related technical area
- 10 years of experience in an electronic design or a semiconductor/EDA application engineering role.
- Experience in the design and implementation of products using ASIC or FPGA technology
- Skills in Verilog and/or VHDL coding and optimization
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively without supervision
- Masters' degree in Electronic Engineering or a related technical subject
- Experience in the application of high level design tools e.g. OpenCL
- Experience in programming using C/C++Experience in the design of electronic products for the automotive sector
- Experience in a customer facing role
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.