Engineering Computing is looking for motivated students to participate in a year round internship program in Hillsboro Oregon. Candidates in our program start by learning systems administration from the ground up with hardware support and installation and are given opportunities to contribute to more diverse aspects of the computing environment as skill, talent and drive dictate. Areas of development include software development, virtualization, enterprise storage, external collaboration and a host of other possibilities within IT. Successful candidates are eligible to continue to participate in the program through to graduation with a goal to create hiring opportunities for successful participates within Intel IT post graduation.
Inside this Business Group
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience or coursework in:
- Scripting/programming with C/C++, Java or Python- Linux systems
- Software/programming skills
- Applicants must have a legal right to work in the US without sponsorship
- Experience with Linux systems administration.
- Experience with computing hardware.
- Must be able to commit to year round work schedule in Hillsboro Oregon
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.