Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for an Optical Package Development Lead/Manager position and that this position may not be available at this time.
Intel Data Center Group DCG - Silicon Photonics Solution Division SPPD - is looking for an optical package design engineer in R&D design team. This is a unique opportunity to join a group at the cusp of bleeding edge product and technology development with lots of growth and exciting opportunities.
The primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Lead or support as a part of team in developing packaging design for state of the art Silicon Photonics SiPh devices and assemblies, with emphasis on optoelectronic and microelectronic component and sub-systems
* Drive or lead photonics package design and technology selection. Assess and mitigate risks associated with the product designs
* Partner with stakeholders to identify new suppliers for design, develop and manage existing suppliers
* Interacting with suppliers and optimize designs based on supplier's processes and capabilities
* Working with cross-functional groups to determine photonics package requirements. Design from concept to volume production to meet the electrical, optical, mechanical, thermal, and reliability requirements
* Perform tolerance analysis of opto-mechanical components and subassemblies
* Drive thermal and mechanical Finite Element Analysis FEA of packages and subassemblies, to determine temperature profiles, power dissipation and mechanical stress/deformation over temperature and their effects on optical coupling
* Lead and drive development of optical alignment system and test method to validate the design.
* Generating opto-mechanical component specifications for product and tooling
* Master’s degree in physics, EE or related engineering field and 6+ years or PhD & 4+ years of experience in the photonics or semiconductor or related industry
* Prior optical packaging design and development experience in high volume product environment for active device with SM fiber pigtails
* Detail oriented problem solver, sense of urgency and commitment to achieve targeted goals.
* Proven track record in product design and development cycle from initial conceptual design to high volume production
* Hands-on experience and knowledge with optoelectronic and microelectronic packaging: micro-optics assembly, fiber coupling design and development, epoxies, laser welding, die-attach, wirebond, leadframe etc.
* Working knowledge with optical alignment and optical system testing
* Team player with good communication skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skill.
* Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver against a schedule.
* Experience in FEA structural analysis and knowledgeable on modeling tools such as Abaqus or ANSYS is a plus.
* Experience and knowledgeable with optical simulation and tools, such as Zemax is a plus
* Experience in product thermal design. Proficient in ICEPAK and/or FLOTHERM CFD modeling tools is a plus.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.