Intel Software Quality is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to support software teams to manage/improve the quality of their software offerings associated with various operating systems and helping to create product quality deliverables. Understanding of Quality standards like GS5000, ISO 9000 and models like CMMI is beneficial. In this position you will work with product development teams throughout the product development life cycle to ensure software quality requirements and goals are established and met. You will need to train the teams on quality engineering practices and drive effective software practices to ensure project work products comply with applicable standards & requirements. You will provide input into program deliverables /milestones regarding quality resources, schedule, goals, etc., drive actions from previous post-project reviews to closure as part of Product development team PDT, including process/work product audits.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Tracking and reporting on project's progress against the quality targets
- Leading Software Process Improvements
- Performing metric collections and analysis
- Delivering products based on open and closed source offerings.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong oral, and written communication skills
- Strong skills in solving problems and using data to drive decisions
- Effective influencing skills and organizational skills - Ability to work in an ambiguous and frequently changing environment
- Ability to work with geographically distributed stakeholders
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
• The candidate must possess a Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or a related discipline.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of software quality engineering methods
- Experience in delivering software products to market
- Experience in working across the full life cycle of software development
- Experience in working with teams needing substantial support to mature their software development practices
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth