You will be responsible for developing a tool framework to breakdown and manage the power consumption of the Power Management ICs across all projects. The so-called power KPIs Key Performance Indicator are indeed strategic data critical for the competitiveness of battery powered system likes mobiles phones, wearables, IoT devices. You will be part of an enthusiastic and international system engineering team located in Munich and will get in touch locally with several design and validation teams.
Your main tasks in this full time position will be to:
- Setup a new framework to manage the power data in a new tool and environment
- Migrate existing project power consumption specifications and measurements currently in Excel
- Measure and correlate power KPIs on engineering samples in the post-silicon lab.
- Validate current power modelling approach and propose further model optimizations
- Contribute to the reporting and documentation for other teams and management
Inside this Business Group
- Student in Master or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of the typical ASIC sub-components
- Understanding in system level modelling and power estimation
- Knowledge of main power converters esp. DCDC and LDOs
- Experience with programming in VBA and Python
- Good team work and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactive and autonomous working ability
- High interest/curiosity to learn and understand
- Fluent in both spoken and written English- Fluent in German is beneficial.
- We expect interns to be available full-time (40h/week) min for 5 till 12 months of internship.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.