As part of Intel, we will continue to apply Moore’s Law to drive the future of field-programmable gate array (FPGA) technology. The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) has been delivering industry-leading custom logic solutions to customers since inventing the world's first reprogrammable logic device in 1984. In order to take advantage of the many opportunities that we see in the future for FPGA’s, PSG is looking for outstanding Field Application Engineers (FAEs) to join our team.
As an FAE in the sales organization, you will be responsible for assisting customers with the design and implementation of their product requirements, utilizing our FPGAs, Intellectual Property, and Enpirion power solutions. This role will include product positioning, on-site customer support as needed, and will include being a technical consultant to our key customers as they go from architectural evaluation through completion of their designs. By understanding customer system requirements, and providing expertise in the use of our products, we enable them to bring competitive products to market in a timeframe that maximizes their success. We value technical excellence, customer focus, professionalism, and teamwork.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for a FAE position and that may, or may not, be available for all location(s) at this time. If you would be interested in this position, should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
Your specific role will include, but not limited to, the following:
• BS in Electronics Engineering or related
• Minimum of 3 years of industry experience (FPGA, ASIC, ASSP, CPU, or DSP), or digital design, embedded system design (HW and SW)
• The person filling this role should be willing to present the value of Intel’s solutions to customer design groups, and to key individuals in one-on-one discussions
• Experience with the use of FPGA development tools
• Willing to travel
Additional (Preferred) Qualifications:
• MSEE, MSCS, or MS in Computer Engineering
• OpenCL or High Level Design language expertise
• Semiconductor engineering experience plus experience in a customer facing sales, marketing, or business development capacity
• Previous, or current, experience as an FAE dealing with FPGA's
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
US, New Jersey, Multiple Cities; US, Maryland, Ellicott City; US, Maryland, Columbia;