Come intern with Intel LABS.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements.
The responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Inside this Business Group
Must be pursuing a Masters or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other science/engineering related field.
Minimum of 3 months experience in the following areas:
• Network protocols TCP, IP, MPLS, VLAN, VxLAN, etc., networking technologies routing, forwarding, etc. , and device architectures NICs, routers, switches, appliances like load balancer, NAT, firewall, etc.
• System software architecture including recent Linux kernels and drivers.
• Analyzing bottlenecks in an existing network system design and propose improvements to increase performance, efficiency, scalability and stability of system components.
• Experience with packet processing related software, such as Intel DPDK, Open vSwitch, as well as virtual NICs
• Programming with OpenCL, GPGPU, FPGA
• System design using simulation and/or emulation environments
• Open source software contribution experience
• Architecture development including system analysis, problem decomposition, and a pragmatic understanding of how modern-day computer systems are put together
• Contemporary Intel architecture, including recent platform advancements in CPU microarchitecture, cache and memory, IO, virtualization
• System software development and profiling experience in C/C++, as well as scripting
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.