The Intel Fabric Software development team is looking for a software development engineer to facilitate the delivery of the next generation Intel Fabric products for High Performance Computing HPC which are integrated with Xeon Phi processor family.
HPC is being used today to help solve some of the world's most challenging scientific needs, including fusion energy, bio-medical research, physics, as well as traditional engineering such as aeronautic and automotive engineering.
The bulk of the work will be focused around the development of Linux driver for large scale HPC and datacenter Intel fabric interconnects Omni-Path.
Significant work items will be occurring in a number of areas such as design efficient code and algorithms to support low latency high bandwidth mechanisms scalability when supporting huge node count fabrics advanced features which includes continued enhancements in the areas of features within Omni-Path software stack.
Inside this Business Group
- Understanding of low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture and hardware design
- Experience in programming in C
- Good command of EnglishNice to have
- Proven track of firmware development for embedded systems mainly in C language
- Understanding of real time systems characteristics
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming
- Basic knowledge of signal processing
- Experience with hardware and/or firmware validation
- Experience in low level Kernel programming- Knowledge of embedded software design C/C++ and assembly.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.