Intel PSG – Programmable Solutions Group (formerly Altera) is looking for an outstanding engineer who can use FPGA hardware to accelerate vision processing algorithms. Algorithms include pedestrian and vehicle detection and tracking from libraries such as Open CV and Open VX, or from customers, using traditional computer vision and machine learning using artificial intelligence such as convolutional neural networks. FPGA algorithms will be developed using high level tools such as Open CL and integrated into new computer vision software development kits targeting Intel processors running Linux plus FPGA hardware. Applications include industrial machine vision, robotics, surveillance and autonomous vehicles. Work includes demonstrating solutions to our customers, at sites around the world and at key trade shows. The role is based in High Wycombe, 40mins from central London and Oxford.
Inside this Business Group
• MEng or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent, with excellent results.
• 5 years of relevant work experience or equivalent
• Knowledge of heterogeneous vision processing systems using CPUs, GPUs and FPGAs.
• Knowledge of Open CV, Open VX and Open CL.
• Knowledge and interest in machine learning including CNN, RNN
• FPGA hardware design understanding and programming skills (Verilog or VHDL).
• Experience of embedded software design and Linux.
• High level analysis skills using MATLAB or similar.
• Able to set own goals and deliver output to a high standard.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to apply sound judgement.
• Good problem solving skills
• Occasional business travel is required
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.