Are you a thoughtful embedded developer who can thrive at developing stable SOC configurations for SSD controllers? Does your work support team goals, and can you influence others with your technical and communication skills? Do you understand bare-metal hardware/software interactions? The Platform Services team at Intel of Canada has opening for a firmware engineer who demonstrate these attributes.Our team develops APIs and low level software for CPU and other hardware subsystems of next general SSDs. In a typical day, we use C, C++, and Python along with large-team software development tools using a Windows and Web environment. We communicate in written and verbal forms, in-person and with remote team members.
Inside this Business Group
Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- 3+ years Demonstrated ability to identify, communicate and resolve complex problems.
- 3+ years Proficiency in embedded OS-level development for ARM CPUs
- Proficiency in C/C++ and object oriented design methodologies Scripting in Python, C-Shell
- Proficiency in structured S/W development and practices Analytical problem solving, innovation and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Familiarity with HW protocols such as PCIe, DDR4, and ONFI
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.