Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience, and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- You will integrate, test, install, configure, and/or supports Factory automation software systems.
- Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement, and formal software process.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving, data analytical and methodological thinking.
- Eager to take on challenges and complete tasks within given timelines.
- Ability to multitask, self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The suitable candidate must be pursuing an MS or Ph. D degree of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 6 months experience and understanding of software and database development.
- 6 months experience with computer infrastructure servers.
- 6 months experience with networks and storage.
- 6 months experience with Microsoft development tools Visual Studio, .NET, Object Oriented Programming C, C++, Microsoft or Linux operating systems.
- 6 months experience with Oracle or Microsoft database technologies.
- 6 months experience with software testing methods.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.