In the dawn of the Internet of Thing (IoT) era, you have the chance to make an impact to Intel's business by developing innovative platform BIOS, boot loaders, enhancing FSP (Firmware Support Package), collaborating with cross product group firmware gurus to evolve UEFI design, delivering BIOS reference code for ecosystem enablement.
With Intel FSP, you have the opportunity to design and develop architecture and code for various boot loaders in the market, including proprietary and open-source boot loaders. You will be responsible for authoring boot loader and/or BIOS specifications, creating chipset reference code and developing/supporting platform BIOS for Intel's CPUs and chipsets.
You will also work closely with Intel silicon design teams and take care of software and BIOS related issues during the planning, development, and validation stages of the programs.
Inside this Business Group
- You must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with at least 6 years of experience, or a Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience in the development of embedded firmware, device drivers and/or BIOS.
Additional qualifications include:
- Familiarity with Intel processor architecture
- Experience in development of legacy BIOS such as Phoenix, AMI and/or experience with UEFI, EDK, Tiano cores
- Experience with Open Source methodology and development philosophy, including their source code architecture (e.g. Coreboot, U-Boot)
- Experience working with Intel CPUs, memory controllers, IO Hubs, and PC architecture
- Experience with industry specifications such as PCI, ACPI, DDR
- Experience in direct FW development, C programming in an embedded context with constrained resources
- Experience with Intel x86 Assembly Language Experience in PC assembly/building skills
- Experience with PC architecture Experience with debug and technical problem solving Low level debugging experience using ITP tool
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.