The Anticipatory Computing Lab at Intel Labs is looking for a candidate for an internship during summer 2017 in Santa Clara, CA, USA. At ACL, we develop sensing systems, algorithms and experiences to enable proactive and context-aware computing. Examples of few ongoing projects include interactive dialogue systems, multimodal activity recognition, emotion understanding.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements.
The responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Must be pursuing a Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other science/engineering related field.
Minimum of 6 months experience in the following areas:
• Experience in data collection and preparation for spoken dialog interactions
• Experience in conducting user studies and evaluation of Spoken Dialog Systems
• Deep Learning Technologies
• Experience in machine learning, data mining, recommendation systems, knowledge discovery, information retrieval
• Excellent Programming skills in languages like Python, C/C++, and / or Java
• Experience in context awareness and ubiquitous computing
• Exposure to problems in Human behavioral modeling
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.