Manages a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, technical writers and technical consultants who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support. This might include systems software, drivers, high performance computing, development tools, enterprise applications, consumer applications or user interfaces. May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
Inside this Business Group
Candidate should possess a Bachelor of Science degree with at least 10 years additional experience or a Master of Science degree with at least 6 years additional experience, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in FW development using C, C++ on embedded RISC microprocessors, RTOS amd HW/SW interaction
- Minimum 5 years of SSD development/storage experience
- Minimum 5 years of management/project management experience
- NVMe and PCIe protocol knowledge
- Firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and tool chains.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of multitasking, multiprocessing and event driven firmware
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of data manipulation and memory-management algorithms in flash memories.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers
- Exposure to commercial product development/validation environment
In this role your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage FW development project lifecycle from definition through customer product launching and maintenance
- Identify tasks, creates/tracks/adjusts project's schedule, integration & bring up plan determines dependencies, sets priorities, identifies/manage risks & mitigation
- Asses risks and identifies issues and solutions to timely and efficiently achieve program goals or project objectives while maintaining quality standards.
- Coordinate and drive execution multiple cross functional teams in multiple sites/geos. Monitors progress against schedule and determines and takes remedial action as appropriate in order to meet project milestones
- Understand the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with modem product development and applies in project planning and risk management.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with architecture, validation, manufacturing, and other disciplines.
- Good analytical, integration, support, and problem solving skills.
- Proactive approach to work and communication
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.