As part of an SSD design team, this person brings the embedded design and firmware development expertise to implement SSD host, data path, and media management algorithms. Duties includes writing testable firmware code to implement various SSD algorithms, management routines, error response routines, and host protocol routines. Module level testing of the written code is expected with support to the larger firmware and product test groups as the code is integrated into the larger code base.
Inside this Business Group
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor of Science degree with at least 8 years additional experience or a Master of Science degree with at least 5 years additional experience, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in C, C++ programming skills on embedded RISC microprocessors in windows development environments
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with embedded firmware, real-time operating system RTOS, and HW/SW interactions
- Developing unit tests for code quality validation
- Firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and tool chains.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C - Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- Understanding of data manipulation and memory
- Management algorithms in flash memories.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with architecture, validation, manufacturing, and other disciplines.
- Good analytical, integration, support, and debugging skills.
- Proactive approach to work and communication
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.