At Intel, we constantly push the boundaries of innovation to make people's lives more fulfilling, exciting, and easier to manage. It starts with the chip and ends with a world of experiences. The people in this team also has the opportunity to work with cross-functional and cross-site organizations to drive continuous improvement efforts to meet automation systems health goals.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience, and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- As a Computing Engineer you will be able to integrate, test, install, configure, and support automation systems for the Intel factories around the world.
- Your analytical skills and technical knowledge will be fully utilized to map requirements, apply advanced troubleshooting, and recommend solutions to automation systems problems.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving, data analytical and methodological thinking.
- Eager to take on challenges and complete tasks within given timelines.
- Ability to multitask, self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The suitable candidate must be graduated from Bachelor degree of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 6 months experience and understanding of Microsoft Windows Server administration, UNIX & LINUX administration, Act Directory, clustering, and web administration.
- 6 months experience with technical knowledge in computing infrastructure components, data centers, and system support.
- 6 months experience in SAN platforms EMC VMAX, HP EVA, 3Par.
- 6 months experience and understanding of network technologies & IP stack TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, firewalls.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.