Software Engineer is responsible for converting project specifications, statements of problems and procedures to detailed logical design for developing applications in the Linux environment. You will analyze workflow charts or diagrams and considers project specifications, requirements, use of output data, and other relevant factors before developing Linux applications or systems.
In this position, you will be part of Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group Team working on Storage technology. As a Developer, you will participate in many innovative projects, and apply your expertise in a fast paced technically driven environment. You'll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture.
The ideal candidate will have a strong self-directed work ethic and a can do attitude. Strong written and verbal communication skills with analytical and critical thinking and a demonstrated ability to work with remote development teams are required for this position. Join the team of people creating innovative storage solutions for server Enterprise Market.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Actively participating in all stages of software development life-cycle e.g. requirements definition, research, validation, post-release support activities, etc.
- Investigate technologies and solutions which help the team achieve deliverables on the product roadmap
- Designing, developing, enhancing and validating various enterprise class features for Linux kernel modules and user space applications
- Documenting software specifications and requirements
- Defining functional and non-functional requirements for software
Inside this Business Group
* You should possess a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering
* 1+ years of experience troubleshooting/diagnosing issues with Linux OS/applications
* 1+ years of experience in C/C++ and programming in Linux environment
* be creative and open to extending knowledge and learning new technologies and have a good collaboration skills.
* Experience in working with Linux open source community
* Linux driver development
* Proven track of working on design/library API
* Knowledge about file systems, journaling, key-value stores
* Working knowledge with virtualization systems/hypervisors
* Knowledge of low-level programming languages and hardware programming aspects
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.