At Intel Labs, this position for Wireless Architecture Design Research Scientist is responsible for designing algorithm, simulation, optimization and architecture design for power efficient wireless communication signal processing and architecture targeting for future generation of wireless system or SoCs. Candidate will work hands-on on algorithms, signal processing, optimization, performance, architectural trade-offs, as well as protocol simulation and design for multiple communication and connectivity technologies and standards (i.e. 5G, LTE, or WiFi) and several aspects of best-in-class communication system design. Participates in development of intellectual property, coordinates inter-departmental research efforts, work with Business Unit partners to shape the research agenda and transfer technologies to products.
Responsibilities may include:
The ideal candidate would exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Inside this Business Group
The candidate must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
• The candidate must possess a Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or any related field specializing in wireless communications.
Minimum 6 months of experience in the following:
• Plan and coordination of team activities to achieve aggressive technical and schedule goals.
• Technical expertise with successful completion of algorithms and implementation or proof-of-concept design.
• System and/or SOC include algorithm, simulation, architecture, feature evaluation, signal processing and optimization, HW/SW integration, troubleshooting, and expertise in designing power efficient systems.
• More than one wireless technologies such as emerging 5G, LTE, or Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, GNSS, NFC.
- Knowledge with power efficient design, sensors integration, efficient audio and video subsystem, or power management subsystems
- Device-device communication
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
California, Santa Clara;