We are seeking self-motivated intern to join a growing team of SSD developers who focus on moving Intel's NAND SSD technologies into new market segments.
An SSD firmware engineer in this group will be involved in numerous activities including:
Product requirements are evolving quickly as SSD's gain market share. New and creative solutions are demanded on a regular basis from our engineers to meet the customer's requirements or to showcase new SSD capabilities. Our team is focused on building SSD's that add renewed and differentiated value to the PC platform in market segments that are early adopters of SSD products.
Engineers are responsible for design, source code development, review and maintenance, unit and system level test/verification and release of the entire SSD firmware stack. Our interns will be involved in a subset of these type of activities depending on the start/end timing of the intern session.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences..
• The candidate must be pursuing a Ms. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
Minimum 6+ months of experience in/with:
• Programming in C/C++ and scripting languages like python.
• Design/implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C or C++.
• Analyzing issues, diagnosing root cause, and suggesting corrective actions.
Experience in the following:
• Working with ARM or equivalent processors.
• Storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, or Fiber Channel.
• New hardware, including boot loader and code update.
• Diverse team environment and in cross-site organizations.
• Windows and Linux driver.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.