In this position, you will be responsible for defining x-platform/product software and hardware test strategies plans for Product Platform Validation PPV test programs/content for server SOC and chipsets. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Developing PC system based test programs and test suites.
- Developing test methodologies for new device features and functionality
- Leveraging best known methods of core enabling technologies
- Working with cross-organizational teams on the electrical HW/SW design, integration and validation of system level control systems
- Analyzing both hardware and software architectures to develop PPV test requirements
- Writing and debugging communication control drivers
- Engaging in new product debug and characterization activities
- Performing failure analysis, debugging hardware and software tool development
- Interfacing with Design, System Validation, Q&R, other technology development groups and high volume manufacturing factories to track program readiness
Inside this Business Group
Qualifications You must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with some experience in component/board level test. Additional qualifications include:
- A Self-Starter - Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Creative and ability to solve technical problems based on personal expertise and leveraging of technical resources
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, good interpersonal skills and managing stakeholder expectations with Design, System Validation, Q&R and other Test Development groups in enabling platform validation activities.
- Strong hardware and software skills on Intel Architecture chipsets and CPUs
- Demonstrated knowledge in PC and processor architecture with specific in-depth knowledge of Intel CPU and PCH chipset architecture.
- Experience writing and debugging code in Visual Basic, VB Script, C/C++, Bash and Linux environment is desired - Proficiency in Assembly language programming would be an added advantage
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.