Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience, and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Integrates, tests installs, configures, and/or supports Factory automation software systems.
- Coordinates factory requirements, maps them to automation systems capabilities and recommends technical solutions.
- Applies advanced troubleshooting to automation system problems.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts to meet automation systems health goals, as well as emerging capability needs.
- Serves as platform engineer for a designated set of automation systems, including representing integrated needs in cross-functional and cross-site teams.
-Position may include some software development of related enhancements, supplemental systems, and/or support and monitoring tools.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving, data analytical and methodological thinking.
- Eager to take on challenges and complete tasks within given timelines.
- Ability to multitask, self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
Inside this Business Group
We are looking for intern candidates who have interesting and willingness to learn IT/computing operational management and support tasks.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The suitable candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor degree of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
-Must be available to work at least 3 months.
- 3 months experience and understanding of computing hardware, Windows and Unix troubleshooting skills.
- 3 months experience with C++, Java or other coding experience.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.