This is a software engineering position in a top class platform software technology team.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience, and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The engineer will be responsible for multiple aspects of platform software making up the chips powering Intel devices running Android/Linux/Windows OS, and other RTOS (Realtime operating systems).
- The engineer will be responsible for end to end use case development across the lower levels of the software stack (Firmware, Driver, Middleware, Frameworks) on platforms.
- The engineer will work with other senior engineers in the team on exciting projects spanning multiple Intel products.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving, data analytical and methodological thinking.
- Eager to take on challenges and complete tasks within given timelines.
- Ability to multitask, self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The suitable candidate must be graduated from a Master Degree of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- 6+ months experience and understanding of software and programming.
- 6+ months experience with C/C++.
- 6+ months experience with Driver/middleware.
- 6+ months experience in Linux development of architectures (IA-32, IA-64, and others).
- 6+ months experience with Linux platform debug.
- 6+ months experience modifying the Linux* kernel.
- 6+ months experience with open source software development.
- 6+ months experience with SOC development/integration.
- 6+ months experience with Windows driver development.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.