In this position, you will be a technical leader for developing next-generation SSD system solutions. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to: To architect, design, and implement the integrated system to manage the interactions between the hardware, firmware, and software within the SSD. Software modeling of performance, power, reliability, and cost and their tradeoffs. Providing recommendations and supporting a cross-matrix organization throughout the SSD development process from pre-silicon to qualification and ramp. Debug of product issues, with ability to risk assess and prioritize team efforts. Overall "jack of all trades" capable of doing whatever is necessary to make forward progress. Autonomously plan and schedule own daily tasks, develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, experience, and judgment.
Inside this Business Group
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
• 10 years of experience working on NVM products required (flash)
• 5 years of experience with SSDs, leading aspects of SSD development
• 5 years of experience with PCIe storage architecture required,
• 5 years experience with NVMe architecture required
• 5 years experience working with SSD firmware, software and controller teams required
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and presentation skills required in the development of technical documents.
• Strong leadership skills to work across a variety of engineering disciplines.
• Ability to logically organize and clearly present experimental data
• Ability to model complex systems using transactional system modeling such as System C.
• Familiarity with storage benchmarks and measurement/analysis techniques.
• Knowledge of SSD use cases, and the OS/driver/ISV software stack.
• Understanding of storage protocols including NVMe.
• Knowledge of interface protocols including PCIe.
• 5 years of experience with FPGA prototyping strongly preferred.
• 3 years of Linux software driver design experience strongly preferred.
• 4 years of Experience with IA server platforms and experience with the integration and testing of IA preferred
• Experience with Server products in a Windows or Linux operating system environment would be an added advantage.
Inside this Business Group:
NSG Strategic Planning, Marketing, and Business Development combines strategic planning, product marketing, technical marketing and business development team. The team is responsible for defining end to end business, product and customer strategies, and creating world-class differentiated storage software and SSD solutions which set the standard for the market that meet the needs of OEMs and End User customers. The team is also responsible for achieving NSG’s revenue growth goals by driving and delivering OEM design wins and executing agreements with key industry and ecosystem partners.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.