The IMR Engineering Tech will be responsible for developing and/or reverse engineering PCB's with an emphasis on debug, repair and hardware test/validation. Understand board development process and how to deliver a production quality product. The successful candidate will be responsible for debugging, testing, and repairing PCB's using established test procedures and troubleshooting to the component level. The Engineering Tech will also be responsible for technical functions in support of engineering activities such as design, test, ECO's, jig/fixture fabrication, circuit design, electro-mechanical systems, or specialized test equipment. Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect data or assist in research work. May perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assignments are semi-routine in nature. Work performed within generally defined parameters. Some degree of judgment required in resolving non-standard problems. This is a shift 2 swing shift Monday through Friday position.
Inside this Business Group
* Minimum educational requirement for this position is an ASET or equivalent experience and 3- 5 years' experience in PCB debug and validation.
* Candidate must possess excellent customer service and communication skills both written and verbal, strong problem solving skills, the ability to assertively manage projects through successful, timely completion, the ability to execute quickly and accurately, strong organizational skills, and the ability to successfully function independently as well as in a team environment.
* Excellent troubleshooting and soldering/de-soldering skills are required.
* Must possess strong understanding of microprocessor, digital and analog circuitry.
* Must possess working knowledge of basic test equipment such as multi-meter and digital/analog oscilloscopes.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth