Intel is looking for a talented Post Support Software Engineer to join our Saffron Cognitive Analytics team in the New Technology Group.
In this role, you will:
Work on proof of concepts, pilots and implementations. Collaborate with customers to understand their data, their current analytic capabilities and future analytic requirements. Comfortably work in a remote environment or travel to customer sites.
Day to day activities will include:
- Define implementation plans, data schema designs and data integration plans within the customer environment.
- Work with customers in the delivery of proof of concept, pilots and implementations of Saffron's analytic platform and products.
- Engage with Saffron's data scientists and development teams as required to ensure successful implementation of the Saffron platform within a customer's environment.
- Participate with the sales and presales team to help analyze and quantify a customer's business requirements and technical use case objectives ultimately creating an implementation design to meet customers' needs.
- Participate with sales and presales to estimate implementation task time frames, quality and quantity of resources required for a successful implementation.
- Collaborate with geographically diverse teams to ensure success project delivery
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, 3-6 years of related experience.
- Strong background in Data Analytics
- Skilled in problem solving, troubleshooting, and analysis of algorithms
- Ability to work in client facing roles and be the single point of contact for technical activities
- Ability to switch among multiple projects in short periods of time and sometimes support multiple simultaneous projects
- Must have necessary skills to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well individually as well as in a highly collaborative team
- Demonstrated interest in learning new technologies
- Self-motivated and autonomous.
Desirable Skills and Experience one or more of the following:
- Data Science background and understanding
- Experience in multiple roles of the software development life-cycle architecture, requirements, development, integration and/or system test, support for commercial, enterprise and/or SaaS production deployments.
- Development/Test experience with Java
- ETL experience, e.g., Custom, Pentaho, Talend and/or commercial ETL products
- Production implementation of one or more of RDBMS-based OLTP, RDBMS-based
- Data Warehouse or NoSQL-based systems
- MapReduce or Hadoop-based analytic systems
- Hardware and Server management and deployment
- Virtualization technologies and management
- Developer-level experience with modern Linux distributions
- Application and system performance analysis and optimization
- Application and system-level security
- Experience reading/writing CSV, JSON, XML, Other Structured and Unstructured data
- Experience with NLP
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if required
- Ability to travel 25 to 50%
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.